When grounding or earthing lightning, the most important required component is grounding rod. You have several options of grounding rod. Copper earthing or galvanized earthing rods are the most popular of them all. As a leading electrical components manufacturer, we offer both and many other types of rods because we believe that everyone has advantages. But how do you know which is the best option for your project?
Copper earthing rods and galvanized iron rods are both used in the earthing system to protect against fault current and safely conduct it into the earth. Many people are confused when it comes to choosing between galvanized iron rods and copper earthing rods. So, let’s take a quick look at what a copper earthing rod is and what its advantage is. So, here we go:
Copper earthing in electrical system:
Earthing is required for electrical protection and to prevent electrical accidents. Earthing and grounding are used to protect you and your electrical installation by causing the protective device to turn off the electric current to the circuit with the fault. Due to its high conductive characteristics, copper earthing is most preferred for the electrical system.
Copper earthing is most used in electrical systems due to its high conductive properties. Copper earthing parts like copper earthing rods, copper earthing plates, and more are installed in earth pits to maintain resistance in high resistivity soil or rock conditions.
What is copper earthing rod?
Copper earthing rod is a electrical component that is required for all kinds of electrical engineering and maintenance related applications. A multifaceted proactive earthing protection strategy is created by using superior grades of alloys and natural chemicals.
Benefits of copper earthing rods:
- Conductivity – Copper earthing rod is an excellent conductor of electricity, which has made it popular in the electrical industry. Due to its ability to handle enormous amounts of electricity without being damaged, it prevents overloading issues in heavy electrical applications. Moreover, it has high heat resistance, which makes it useful in extreme conditions
- Ductility and malleability – The ductility and malleability of the material make it possible to make it thinner than a single strand of human hair, and twist and bend it into any desired shape. Copper earthing rods are easy to handle, and they can reach constricting areas easily without being damaged.
- Flexibility – Bare copper earth rod is super flexible and possesses high electrical and thermal conductivity. It is cheaper than silver and can be used in varieties of industries like manufacturing, electrical, marine, and telecom companies.
- Reliability – Copper earthing rod is safe and reliable to use. It is safe and reliable to use. Copper wire has a high melting point, so continuous elevated temperatures can withstand without melting. Due to this property, unexpected accidents can be prevented.
- Durability – Electric Copper earth rod is more durable and long-lasting than other metal wires. Copper wire does not become loose over time and requires frequent maintenance. Therefore, it can be easily worked on without causing problems.
- Commercial use – Copper earthing rods are always suitable for in-home use. Since copper earthing rod is used for most electrical appliances, it is vital to use the same when earthing or grounding for your residency. If other metal wires are used as wiring, it can lead to fatal accidents.
- Corrosion Resistance – In humid or wet conditions, many metals become brittle and will tear off. However, copper earthing rod that is highly corrosion resistant can withstand humid and wet environments.
Due to so many advantages over other metal earthing rods, copper earthing rods are most preferred in electrical and electronic industries. The copper earthing rod is a good conductor of electricity with high heat resistance and corrosion resistance. It’s easy to use and functions well in extreme conditions preventing electrical issues.
Whether you need long-term corrosion protection, a reliable option for a short-term project that fits within a tight budget, Teron Metal Components has the right product for you. In addition to copper earthing plates, earth bars, electrical components, we have a full range of accompanying earthing products to build the right system for your project. Learn more or contact our team today for questions or to request a quote.